Exactly how does an engine work?
Generally, an internal-combustion engine (the engine located in automobiles) is a heat engine that transforms power from the warmth of burning fuel to mechanical work, or torque. The torque is applied to the wheels that make your car move. Engines have pistons that go up and down steel tubes called cylindrical tubes. Pistons are attached to a crankshaft with posts, and go up to power the crankshaft, which powers the wheels of your vehicle. Automobiles will have in between 2 and 12 cylinder tubes in its engine.
How do I know if my engine calls for repair?
A vehicle’s engine is an elaborate device that is required for getting you from one area to another. As a result of this, you need to not disregard any sort of problem in your engine. It is always a good idea to bring your car for smaller scale engine repair rather than waiting on a bigger problem to occur that might cause bigger issues to your automobile and cost you a whole lot extra. If you are worried about the health and wellness of your engine, you can bring your auto to Horizon Auto Center in Rockwall.
Below are various of our suggestions for preventative upkeep to keep your engine running efficiently and stay clear of issues:
- Change your oil regularly and use the recommended type of oil.
- Change your timing belt at your manufacturers’ suggested durations.
- Provide your engine time to warm up before driving, particularly in cold temperature levels. This will enable the oil to enter into all parts of the engine before giving work to the engine.
Some indications of a malfunctioning engine include:
- Your automobile’s “Check Engine” light turns on.
This light activating might indicate the oxygen sensing unit needs to be changed, the catalytic converter is damaged, the gas cap hangs, or something else. Whatever the issue is, a “Check Engine” light must not be overlooked.
- The engine does not begin when you turn your key in the ignition.
This typically suggests there is an issue in the way your engine burns gas.
Your vehicle is utilizing more gas than usual (you are acquiring less miles per gallon).
You feel shuddering and/or hear unusual sounds originating from under your automobile’s hood.
Whether you wish to bring your vehicle in for preventative engine maintenance or a more serious engine repair work, we at Horizon Auto Center in Rockwall can deal with all your engine repair work needs.
Your Trusted Shop for Engine Repair
Having engine troubles can be daunting, but at Horizon Auto Center, we can ease your anxieties. Serving communities in Rockwall and surrounding areas, our professional technicians have a vast amount of knowledge on different types of engines and we provide thorough, high-quality service that will get you back on the road as soon as possible. Here are some reasons you should make us your auto repair shop:
- We sell industry leading tire brands like Toyo, Continental, and Nexen.
- Most of our services come with a 36-month/36,000 mile warranty.
- Our ASE-Certified technicians can improve your tire performance and life, restore vehicle performance, and maintain good vehicle performance with preventative maintenance.
- Our staff is certified female-friendly by AskPatty.com.
If you are in Rockwall or surrounding areas, we’d love to see you stop by. Feel free to schedule an appointment with us online or give us a call at 469-698-8585 today!