5 Signs you need a wheel alignment
Did you know that your vehicle’s tires are not placed completely straight? This is done intentionally in order to maximize the lifespan of your tires. Each manufacturer specifies some predefined angles to the wheels of their cars, whether that be a Ford, Chevrolet, Toyota, Mercedes-Benz, or something else, and tilts them inward or outward. If your wheels are not tilted properly, it can cause your tires to wear out much faster, and compromises the fuel efficiency of your vehicle as well as the safety and smoothness of your drive. We at Horizon Auto Center in Rockwall can quickly and effectively make sure your vehicle’s tires run as efficiently as they did when you bought your vehicle.
Choose Horizon Auto Center as your go to wheel alignment center. Since 2001, we have been serving residents of Rockwall and surrounding areas and prioritize customer satisfaction above all else. Whether you live in Rockwall, Heath, Royse City, Fate, Sunnyvale, or nearby, we at Horizon Auto Center will take care of your vehicle. We know you take great care of your vehicle, but every car eventually needs maintenance and/or repairs. Wheel alignment is part of maintaining your vehicle and we can go through our process of alignment with you so you know exactly what we are doing to your vehicle.
Benefits of Wheel Alignment
In general, it is always a good idea to get smaller services performed on your vehicle to prevent larger, more expensive damages from occurring. Here are some other reasons to bring your vehicle for regular wheel alignment:
- It complies with warranty requirements — Many warranties for tires in Rockwall have a clause that requires you to have them checked regularly and make sure they are not prematurely or incorrectly wearing out.
- Wheel alignment coincides with steering wheel alignment — Bad wheel alignment also causes problems for your steering and suspension, which is a problem to drive safely.
- It extends the lifetime of your tires — It is natural for your tires to wear down over time, but getting them aligned regularly can ensure they last for as long as possible.
The Wheel Alignment Process
At Horizon Auto Center, our knowledgeable technicians will look into three major aspects that are important to understand because they reflect the overall alignment of your vehicle. These three aspects are camber, toe, and caster, explained further here. If you have any further questions about the wheel alignment process and what specifically is wrong with your tires, you can check out our website or give us a call at 469-430-0549:
- Camber: If you stand in front of your vehicle and look at its tires, they should be vertical and perpendicular to the road, straight up and down. If your tires are tilted either inwards (positive camber) or outwards (negative camber), your wheels probably need to be aligned. However, it is important to note that worn bearings and ball joints can be at fault too. We at Horizon Auto Center can easily assess the problem.
- Toe: This aspect refers to how your wheels appear when you look at them from above (similar to how you’d look at your feet when you’re standing up). A toe-in alignment refers to the wheels inwards, and a toe-out alignment means that the wheels are angled out. Both of them require our technicians to properly align them back to normal.
- Caster: The caster is harder to visualize, but refers to the misalignment of your steering axis in regards to the centerline of your wheels. If the caster is off, it means the axle is angled away from you (negative caster) or toward you (positive caster) when you drive. The caster angle helps balance steering, stability, and cornering.
What are some symptoms of wheel alignment problems?
If you experience any of these symptoms, it is crucial that you bring your vehicle to Horizon Auto Center in Rockwall as soon as possible. You can give us a call at 469-430-0549 to make an appointment or to ask us any questions. We have more symptoms for wheel alignment issues on our website, but here are some more signs that your vehicle is having tire alignment problems:
- Your steering wheel is misaligned; the logo of your vehicle’s make is not displaying straight.
- You can feel your vehicle veering in one direction as you drive.
- Your steering wheel and/or passenger and rear seats vibrate as you drive.
- Your steering wheel does not return to center position when you turn your vehicle.
Horizon Auto Center — Your Place to Go for Wheel Alignment and More!
Our technicians are Horizon Auto Center have decades of combined experience and are experts in all things auto repair. Here are some reasons to choose our shop for wheel alignment, front end alignment problems and more:
- Most of our services come with a 36-month/36,000 mile warranty.
- We offer a courtesy vehicle wash with all our services.
- Our waiting area has free coffee, water, and WiFi for you to enjoy.
- Our ASE-Certified technicians can improve your tire performance and life, restore vehicle performance, and maintain good vehicle performance with preventative maintenance.
- Our staff is certified female-friendly by AskPatty.com.
Overall, it is important to get your vehicle’s tires checked regularly to extend the lifetime of your tires, comply with warranty requirements, preserve your vehicle’s steering and suspension systems and to prevent further damages from occurring in your vehicle over time. If you are in the Rockwall area and would like to come in for an appointment at Horizon Auto Center, feel free to stop by or give us a call at 469-430-0549. We hope to hear from you soon!