Smart Car Repair in Rockwall, TX
A Brief History of Smart Car
Smart is a German automobile brand that is a department of Daimler AG (which also possesses Mercedes Benz). The firm produces microcars as well as subcompacts. The name Smart derives from the Swiss company Swatch and Mercedes Benz; Smart means “Swatch Mercedes ART.” In 1982, Swatch Chief Executive Officer Nicolas Hayek began establishing a plan for a new vehicle, one that is small and suitable for city dwellers. His idea ended up being called the “Swatchmobile.” Hayek came close to a number of vehicle manufacturers, and in 1991, he got to a contract with Volkswagen to share growth of the brand-new task. However, the task was cancelled 2 years later when Volkswagen changed Chief executive officers.
On March 4, 1994, a deal was revealed with Mercedes Benz and Swatch at a meeting in Stuttgart. The firm also revealed 2 principle cars: the eco-sprinter and eco-speedster. As part of this brand-new convergence, the name of these cars was altered from “Smartmobiles” to Smart cars. The automobile launched successfully in 9 European countries in October 1998, although it wasn’t a hybrid like Hayek had envisioned, but a car completely powered by fuel. Up till April 2019, Smart remained to be under the Mercedes Benz department of Daimler AG. In March 2019, Geely, a Chinese worldwide automotive company, bought a 50% stake.
Smart Cars Today
Although Smart cars left the U.S.A. market in 2019, Smart vehicles can still be seen on American roadways today. Today’s Smart car models include:
- Smart Fortwo Sports car: The base version for Smart autos, the Smart Fortwo sports car provides a grip control feature that manages engine throttle and rate when the sensing unit detects a skid or swerve.
- Passion Coupe: This automobile includes an awesome roof covering and includes its very own sun block. The three-spoke all-natural leather steering wheel includes a paddle shifter, which is accountable for running the hand-operated feature in the automated manual transmission.
- Passion Cabriolet: The Cabriolet includes an electrical convertible top and also a premium sound system.
Your Trusted Auto Repair Shop for Smart Car Repair
When the time comes to bring your Smart car in for repairs, you can bring your car to Horizon Auto Center in Rockwall. We take a dignified and sensitive approach to auto repair, treating each and every customer with respect. We are very transparent about the services we think your vehicle needs and will never recommend any service that isn’t absolutely necessary. If you are in Rockwall or surrounding areas, don’t hesitate to bring your Smart car to Horizon Auto Center today! Here are some reasons why you should choose us:
- Our waiting area has free coffee, water, and WiFi for you to enjoy.
- We sell truck accessories, including lift kits, bed covers, front and rear replacement bumpers, side steps, and LED lights.
- Our ASE-Certified technicians can improve your tire performance and life, restore vehicle performance, and maintain good vehicle performance with preventative maintenance.
- We offer after-hours drop-off and pick-up service.
- We sell industry leading tire brands like Toyo, Continental, and Nexen.
To make an appointment with Horizon Auto Center in Rockwall, you can give us a call at 469-698-8585 or do so online.
For honest and efficient Smart Car Repair in Rockwall, TX, turn to the capable team at Horizon Auto Center. “Life’s too short to drive boring cars.”