A Quick History of Mercedes
The background of Mercedes Benz starts in Germany with Karl Benz’s development of the very first gasoline-powered car, the Benz Motorwagen, which was patented in January 1886. The car was marketed in 1901 by Daimler Motors Firm, and in 1902, Emil Jellinek, a vehicle business owner that worked for DMC, created the trademark for the auto, calling the 1901 Mercedes 35 after his daughter, Mercedes. Jellinek began selling Mercedes vehicles not just to the elite in France (like the Rothschild household), but additionally to billionaires all over the world, consisting of Rockefeller, Astor, Morgan, and also Taylor. In 1899, Jellinek drove at a race in Nice under the pseudonym Monsieur Mercédès; this race is considered the birth of the Mercedes trademark name.
The very first Mercedes-Benz cars were launched in 1926 at the Berlin Motor Program. The next year, 7,000 Mercedes-Benz cars were produced. In 1931, the Mercedes Benz W15, which included the very initial four-wheel shock absorber and brand-new hydraulic brake contemporary innovation, debuted at the Paris Motor Show and was received well. 5 years in the future, the Mercedes Benz W136 model was released, which was the very first diesel vehicle. In the following years, the W135 roadster and W138 limo were presented prior to production was quit throughout The Second World War.
Mercedes-Benz has always focused on driver and also passenger safety and security. In the 1950s, Mercedes began doing accident assessments on each model before its launch. In 1952, Mercedes Benz began importing vehicles to the U.S.A., beginning with the 300SL Gullwing.
Mercedes Benz Today
Several Of Mercedes Benz’s models today consist of:
- C-Class: The C-Class is a small, mid-level entryway vehicle that has been in manufacturing since 1994. It comes as a four-door sedan, a two-door coupe and a two-door soft-top convertible.
- GLE-Class: Formerly called as the M-Class, the GLE-Class is Mercedes Benz’s mid-size deluxe SUV. Offered in both SUV and sports car forms, the GLE supplies either a six-cylinder variant or 6 or eight-cylinder AMG variations.
- E-Class: The E-Class is Mercedes Benz’s midsize segment, which is a step up in size and cost contrasted to the C-Class. Mercedes Benz defines the design of E-Class vehicles as “Sensual Purity;” they are comfortable ingenious with a fashionable look.
- S-Class: The S-Class is Mercedes Benz’s full-size premium sedan. This is the automobile you get when you are a self-actualized Mercedes owner. According to Mercedes Benz, the S-Class is “more than inspired. It is inspirational.” The Mercedes Benz S-Class has been given the top ranking in J.D. Power Sales Satisfaction Index from 1987 to 1990, has been named What Car’s Best Luxury Car seven times, and Fleet News’ Luxury Car of the Year five times.
- SL-Class: The SL-Class was launched in 1954 and has numerous Mercedes distinguished vehicles under its name. The SL-Class is Mercedes Benz’ huge luxurious roadster that includes a six or eight-cylinder engine.
Your Trusted Shop for Mercedes Repair
Eventually, all vehicles need to be brought in for repairs. Whatever your needs are, you can take your Mercedes to Horizon Auto Center. Proudly serving residents of Rockwall and surrounding areas since 2001, our highly-skilled technicians go through extensive automotive repair training. At Horizon Auto Center, our number one goal is complete customer satisfaction, and we will make sure your vehicle is taken care of with top-notch service and also efficiently and cost-effectively. Here are some reasons you should choose us:
- We offer after-hours drop-off and pick-up service.
- Our waiting area has free coffee, water, and WiFi for you to enjoy.
- We sell industry leading tire brands like Toyo, Continental, and Nexen.
- Our shop has been recognized by The Dallas Morning News and RepairPal and our loyal customers have voted us Living Magazine’s “Best Auto Repair Shop” in the area for the last seven years.
- We sell truck accessories, including lift kits, bed covers, front and rear replacement bumpers, side steps, and LED lights.
If you are in or nearby Rockwall, feel free to give us a call at 469-698-8585 to schedule an appointment at Horizon Auto Center today!
For honest and efficient Mercedes-Benz Repair in Rockwall, TX, turn to the capable team at Horizon Auto Center. “Life’s too short to drive boring cars.”