Land Rover Repair
A Brief Background of Land Rover
Land Rover is a British brand name of four-wheel-drive autos that sells premium and also luxury sport utility vehicles. Maurice Wilks, primary designer of the Land Rover Company, designed the first Land Rover with his brother Spencer, the managing director of Wanderer, in 1947. The model, nicknamed the Centre Steer, was built on a Jeep framework and axles. Early variations of the automobile was available in numerous shades of light green, because they were painted with army surplus materials of aircraft cockpit paint.
Land Rover as a business has existed since 1978. Prior to this, Land Rover was a line of product of the Rover Firm which was merged with the British Leyland Motor Corporation (BL). The recurring success of the original Land Rover collection model, and also later the Range Rover in 1970, triggered the separation of the Land Rover firm but still under the BL umbrella and as a component of the Rover Group. In 1994, Rover Group, and Land Rover along with it, was acquired by BMW. In 2000, Rover Group was separated by BMW and also Land Rover was sold to Ford Motor Company, becoming part of its Premier Automotive Group. On June 11, 2007, Ford revealed that it prepared to sell Land Rover along with Jaguar Cars. On January 1, 2008, Ford sold their Land Rover and Jaguar operations to Tata Motors of India. On January 18, 2008, Tata Motors developed Jaguar Land Rover Limited as a British-registered and entirely had subsidiary.
Land Rover Today
Some of Land Rover’s most popular designs today consist of:
- LR3: The LR3, or Discovery 3, debuted on April 2, 2004 at the British International Motorshow. Land Rover created a body building and construction technique for the LR3 called the Integrated Body Frame. The LR3 also features a full independent shock absorber which makes it possible for ride-height adjustment by pumping or decreasing the air bags. The engines used in the LR3 were from sibling firm Jaguar, and the gearboxes on the automobile were all new. The exterior of the vehicle has a fresh, minimal style and has attributes such as a DVD navigation system, including some optional features like Bluetooth.
- Range Rover Sport: A deluxe mid-size SUV that was released in 2005. The Range Rover Sport is powered by a supercharged 5.0 litre Jaguar light weight aluminum engine and its air suspension offers the driver an alternative of three ride height settings. The vehicle also has a Terrain Response system, which has been patented by Land Rover and enables the vehicle driver to adjust chassis as well as transmission settings to match the terrain being gone across. The five surfaces the SUV can linger via are basic driving; turf, gravel, snow; mud and also ruts; sand; and also rock crawl.
- Range Rover: The Range Rover is a full size high-end Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) that was launched in 1970 and is currently in its fourth generation. The Range Rover currently can be found in a hybrid variation too.
Your Trusted Auto Repair Shop for Land Rover Repair
Eventually, all vehicles need to be brought in for repairs. Whatever your needs are, you can take your Land Rover to Horizon Auto Center. Proudly serving residents of Rockwall and surrounding areas since 2001, our highly-skilled technicians go through extensive automotive repair training. At Horizon Auto Center, our number one goal is complete customer satisfaction, and we will make sure your vehicle is taken care of with top-notch service and also efficiently and cost-effectively. Here’s some reasons you should choose us:
- We have a courtesy local shuttle service to continue your day while we service your vehicle or ask about our loaner car service.
- Our ASE-Certified technicians can improve your tire performance and life, restore vehicle performance, and maintain good vehicle performance with preventative maintenance.
- Our waiting area has free coffee, water, and WiFi for you to enjoy.
If you are in or nearby Rockwall, feel free to give us a call at 469-698-8585 to schedule an appointment at Horizon Auto Center today!
For honest and efficient Land Rover Repair in Rockwall, TX, turn to the capable team at Horizon Auto Center. “Life’s too short to drive boring cars.”