A Quick History of BMW
A lot of Rockwall residents drive BMWs, and there’s a rich history behind the prominent automobile brand. Initially an engine supplier, BMW presented its very first automobile, a motorcycle, in 1923. Throughout the 1930s, BMW boosted its range of cars and also larger premium cars and trucks. The BMW 3/20, released in 1932, was the first BMW vehicle developed totally by BMW. 4 years later on, BMW launched its very first four-door automobile, the BMW 326.
After the Second World War, BMW returned to auto manufacturing and released the BMW 501 in 1951. After some changes, the car was re-released as the BMW 501A, which triggered an enhancing of sales. In the mid 1950s, BMW acquired a certificate to make Issetas, an Italian “bubble car” that had actually ended up being popular in Europe. Above 10 thousand Issetas were sold in 1955 alone. Nevertheless, for a variety of years BMW was incapable of tackling its competitors and was nearing insolvency. In 1960, the growth program began for a new collection of models, called the “Neue Klasse” (New Course) task, which is known for saving the BMW company. BMW released New Program four-door automobiles in 1962, formally developing its acknowledgment as sports sedan manufacturers. In 1968, manufacturing of the BMW M30 engine started, BMW’s very first straight-six engine after World War II that would remain in production for 24 years. 4 years later on, the very first generation of the BMW 5 collection mid-size vehicles replaced the New Course cars. BMW’s very first SUV, the X5, was launched in 1999. Although different from its regular automobiles, the X5 activated various other SUVs to be utilized by BMW in the coming years.
With over 15 models in the industry today, BMWs are recognized for the smooth drive they give, their standout look, and their purring engines. The present automobile collection BMW has consists of:
- 2 Collection: BMW’s fancy, entry-level subcompact automobile in the United States. It can be found in both coupe and sedan layouts.
- 3 Collection: BMW’s most successful car of all time. The first generation released in 1976, this small automobile is what BMW is recognized for.
- 4 Collection: A variation from the 3 Collection, released in 2014. It can be discovered in two-door vehicles, four-door gran coupe along with convertible variations.
- 5 Collection: BMW’s mid-size car, introduced in 1972.
- 6 Collection: A variation from the 5 Collection that has “contours that captivate, power that surprises, and the perspective to capture focus.”
- 7 Series: A full-size deluxe sedan.
- 8 Series: BMW’s stylish grand tourer. It is offered in both sedan and also convertible body designs.
- Z4: BMW’s little roadster. The “Z” stands for “zukunft,” which is German for “future”.
- X1: BMW’s entry-level subcompact crossover. Car and Driver called it one of their 10 Best Trucks and SUVs for 2019.
- X2: A sportier, driving-oriented subcompact crossover. It’s closer to the ground than the X1. It has a sleeker “sports car” figure and also a lot less freight area.
- X3: BMW’s compact SUV. It was launched in 2003, and the third generation was launched for the 2018 model year.
- X4: A sportier version of the X3, with a sloping sports car body design.
- X5: BMW’s small SUV. It was the very first BMW SUV, introduced in 1999.
- X6: BMW’s midsize crossover SUV. BMW calls it the “commanding sports task coupe” with “striking looks, aggressive stance, and big proportions”.
- X7: BMW’s very first full-size three-row SUV. It’s the largest BMW ever built.
- i3: BMW’s subcompact all-electric car.
- i8: A plug-in hybrid efficiency roadster BMW released in 2014. It is used in both coupe and Roadster variants.
If you have a BMW that requires repair, you can bring it to Horizon Auto Center in Rockwall today!
Horizon Auto Center: Your Trusted Shop for BMW Repair
Eventually, all vehicles need to be brought in for repairs. Whatever your needs are, you can take your BMW to Horizon Auto Center. Proudly serving residents of Rockwall and surrounding areas since 2001, our highly-skilled technicians go through extensive automotive repair training. At Horizon Auto Center, our number one goal is complete customer satisfaction, and we will make sure your vehicle is taken care of with top-notch service and also efficiently and cost-effectively. Here’s some reasons why you should choose us:
- Our waiting area has free coffee, water, and WiFi for you to enjoy.
- Our staff is certified female-friendly by AskPatty.com.
- We sell truck accessories, including lift kits, bed covers, front and rear replacement bumpers, side steps, and LED lights.
If you are in or nearby Rockwall, feel free to give us a call at 469-698-8585 to schedule an appointment at Horizon Auto Center today!
For honest and efficient BMW Repair in Rockwall, TX, turn to the capable team at Horizon Auto Center. “Life’s too short to drive boring cars.”