Lincoln Repair in Rockwall, TX
A Brief History of Lincoln from Horizon Auto Center
Lincoln Motor Company was founded in August 1917 by Henry Leland and his son Wilfred. The company was named after United States President Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln’s first vehicle, the Lincoln Model L, was released on September 16, 1920. However, the company began sinking as they could not keep up with the demand for automobiles. As a result, Lincoln Motor Company was purchased by Ford Motor Company on February 4, 1922 for $8 million. Ford decided to make Lincoln the luxury brand of Ford in order to compete with General Motors’ Cadillac. Under Ford, the Lincoln Model L went through significant changes and in 1923, Lincoln produced 7,875 cars, operating at a profit by the end of the year.
In 1931, the Lincoln Model K was released and Lincoln became the first American car make to exclusively release vehicles with V12 engines. Along with the Model K, Lincoln also came out with the Zephyr, which introduced an all new body style for a vehicle. Because of these two cars, Lincoln sales increased ninefold from 1935 to 1936. On April 30, 1940, Ford Motor Company reorganized Lincoln Motor Company, making it the Lincoln Division of Ford Motor Company in order to keep up with the economy after the Great Depression. As part of this change, the Lincoln Continental, originally a one-off vehicle designed specifically for Edsel Ford, came into production on the assembly line, replacing hand-made production.
Today’s Lincoln vehicles include:
- Lincoln MKC: Lincoln’s entry-level compact crossover that was released in 2013. The car is known for its luxurious cabin, elegant sheet metal, and distinctive grille. The Lincoln MKC uses a 6-speed automatic transmission.
- Lincoln Corsair: The Corsair is set to replace the Lincoln MKC starting in the 2020 model year. It is similar to the MKC but has an 8-speed automatic transmission. The name is inspired by the Latin word cursus, meaning journey. If your Corsair needs or anything else, you can bring it to Horizon Auto Center in Rockwall.
- Lincoln Nautilus: The Lincoln Nautilus is a unique choice from the Lincoln lineup that offers distinct American flavor with a touch of Lincoln sedan styling from decades ago. Prospective owners should expect a plush drive experience, spacious interior that will satisfy owners seeking shade from gridlocked city traffic and crumbling roads.
- Lincoln Navigator: The Lincoln Navigator is a full-size, body-on-frame SUV that has the most powerful engine to ever appear on a Lincoln. The car was Gear Patrol’s Vehicle of the Year in 2018. We at Horizon Auto Center can perform brake repair, , and more on your Lincoln Navigator.
- Lincoln MKT: The Lincoln MKT is a full-size wagon-like crossover that is popular among limousine fleets. It offers a modern and luxurious appeal rarely found in other vehicles. MKT drivers enjoy many features such as heated seats, an 8-inch infotainment system, panoramic sunroof, and safety features such as blind-spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, and automated emergency braking.
- Lincoln Aviator: The Aviator is Lincoln’s three-row midsize crossover that is based on the new Ford Explorer. The car comes in six or eight seat configurations and 18 cubic feet of storage. When your Aviator needs or anything else, bring it to our technicians at Horizon Auto Center in Rockwall.
Horizon Auto Center: Your Trusted Shop for Lincoln Repair
We perform services in all aspects of all auto repair, including scheduled maintenance, and tune-ups. Since 2001, we have taken a dignified and sensitive approach to auto repair, treating each and every customer with respect. We are very transparent about the services we think your vehicle needs and will never recommend any service that isn’t absolutely necessary. If you are in the 75032 area or nearby, don’t hesitate to bring your Lincoln to Horizon Auto Center today!
To make an appointment with Horizon Auto Center in Rockwall, you can give us a call at 469-698-8585 or do so online .
For honest and efficient Lincoln Repair in Rockwall, TX, turn to the capable team at Horizon Auto Center. “Life’s too short to drive boring cars.”