A Brief Background of Ford
Ford was developed by the iconic Henry Ford on June 16, 1903. The business made $30,000 in profits just 3 months after its founding. In 1908, Henry Ford launched the Model T, which was made with his innovative assembly system. Before this system, one vehicle was generated every couple of days, however with the Ford assembly system, 10,000 Model T’s were produced in a single year. Ford presented the very first assembly line in 1913 and also business’s result became better and greater; by 1920, production would surpass one million a year. To stay on par with this large demand, Ford paid his employees well, employed disabled individuals and reduced work days from nine to 8 hours a day throughout the five-day work week.
In the 1940s, Ford gave control of the Ford Motor Company to his grandson, Henry Ford II. In 1956, Ford came to be a publicly traded firm. That year, Motor Trend awarded the business with its first “Car of the Year” award. The Ford Mustang went on sale in 1964, which was a considerable success and is still one of the fastest-selling vehicles in history and remains a cultural icon. 2 years in the future, Ford broke Ferrari’s six-year winning touch at Le Mans, the very first American vehicle manufacturer to win the race. In 1980, Phillip Caldwell ended up being the first non-Ford member of the family to take over business. In 1985, Ford presented the Taurus, whose rounded form was special from the blocky automobiles of the minute. The Ford Explorer was available in 1990, that made SUVs popular among Americans.
A few of the most effective Ford model to drive and possess today are:
- Ford Taurus: The Taurus was made by Ford for 36 years. The vehicle displays great deals of trunk room, an economical price and also supplies a smooth as well as comfortable ride. The Taurus was on the 1986 Car and Driver 10 Best List and was the 1986 Motor Trend Vehicle of the Year. In 2008, the Taurus was awarded Top Safety Pick ratings by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and five-star ratings by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Ford Explorer: This SUV is identified for its big inside that offers a great deal of room for its 7 passengers and also its generous freight space. In 1991, the Explorer was awarded Motor Trend’s Vehicle of the Year. The Explorer was also selected as North American Car of the Year in 2006, as well as earned the North American Truck of the Year in 2011.
- Ford Fiesta: The Ford Fiesta has actually been in production since 1976 and comes as a sedan or a hatchback. The Fiesta was the first minicar to accomplish Top Security Pick by the U.S. Insurance Policy Institute for Highway Security and also was Top Gear Magazine’s Vehicle of the Year in 2019.
- Ford Fusion: The Ford Fusion is a midsize automobile that places well in performance and also has an enticing design as well as a functional and comfortable cabin. The trunk additionally provides a lot of freight room. The Fusion has won numerous awards, including the 2010 Motor Trend Car of the Year, the 2010 North American Car of the Year at the Detroit Auto Show, as well as the 2017 MotorWeek Driver’s Choice Award for Best Family Sedan.
Your Trusted Auto Repair Shop
When the time comes to bring your Ford in for repairs, you can bring your car to Horizon Auto Center in Rockwall. We take a dignified and sensitive approach to auto repair, treating each and every customer with respect. We are very transparent about the services we think your vehicle needs and will never recommend any service that isn’t absolutely necessary. If you are in Rockwall or surrounding areas, don’t hesitate to bring your Horizon Auto Center today! Here are some reasons you should choose us:
- Our shop has been recognized by The Dallas Morning News and RepairPal and our loyal customers have voted us Living Magazine’s “Best Auto Repair Shop” in the area for the last seven years.
- We sell truck accessories, including lift kits, bed covers, front and rear replacement bumpers, side steps, and LED lights.
- Most of our services come with a 36-month/36,000 mile warranty.
- Our waiting area has free coffee, water, and WiFi for you to enjoy.
- Use our courtesy local shuttle service to continue your day while we service your vehicle.
- We offer after-hours drop-off and pick-up service.
To make an appointment with Horizon Auto Center in Rockwell, you can give us a call at 469-698-8585 or do so online.
For honest and efficient Ford Repair in Rockwall, TX, turn to the capable team at Horizon Auto Center. “Life’s too short to drive boring cars.”