A Short History of Toyota
Toyota started as a division of Toyoda Automatic Loom Works that was committed to the manufacturing of automobiles under the direction of the owner’s son, Kiichiro Toyoda. Toyota Motor Company became its own entity in 1937. The SA was Toyota’s very first commercial vehicle after The 2nd World War. However, because of the economic decline of Japan after the 2nd World War, Toyota was on the verge of bankruptcy. In June 1950, Toyota produced 300 cars and had multiple layoffs along with decreases in pay, which caused a union strike that lasted for 2 months. The end result of this strike was the resignation of Kiichiro Toyoda and Taizo Ishida came to be the head of Toyota. Toyota was saved during the Korean War by creating over 5,000 cars for the USA military.
In 1957, the Toyota Crown wound up being the first Japanese vehicle to be exported to the U.S.A. and Toyota Motors Inc. U.S.A. was established on October 31, 1957. The Crown and Toyota Land Cruiser remained the most popular Toyota automobile till the introduction of the Toyota Corona, which was made specifically for American motorists. The Corona tripled Toyota sales to more than 20,000 units. By July 1967, Toyota became the 3rd most successful import brand in the USA. The Toyota Corolla was released in 1968 and was a substantial success among American drivers. Today, the Toyota Corolla has become the world’s best-selling car of all time, with over 30 million automobiles used in 140 different nations.
Today’s Toyota models include:
- Toyota RAV4: The RAV4 is Toyota’s compact crossover and is the most popular SUV in the United States. The SUV is flexible, powerful, and is appropriate for young and older car drivers alike. It also has an exceptional gas economy, is incredibly reliable, and has a good deal of space for passengers.
- Toyota 4Runner: The Toyota 4Runner is Toyota’s midsize SUV that can tow as much as 5,000 pounds. The SUV assurances worth for your money as an outcome of its elite efficiency, dependability, as well as its ease.
- Toyota Tacoma: Toyota’s full-size SUV that was the North American Car of the Year in 2001.
- Toyota Land Cruiser: The Toyota Land Cruiser has remained in production for over sixty years and is acknowledged for its competence and advanced interior.
- Toyota Tacoma: Toyota’s midsize auto that has one of the greatest resale values of any automobile in the United States. The Tacoma was provided the Top Safety Pick award from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- Toyota Tundra: The Toyota Tundra is a full size truck that is recognized for its toughness, strength and resilience. Motor Trend picked the Tundra as its Automobile of the Year in 2008 and CanadianDriver named the Tundra “Truck King.”
- Toyota Yaris: Toyota’s most affordable subcompact car that is available as a sedan or a hatchback.
- Toyota Corolla: The Toyota Corolla is a compact auto that is currently in its twelfth generation of production.
- Toyota Prius: The Prius was the very first mainstream hybrid car when it launched in 1997. It was Japan’s Auto of the Year in 1997 and has won the award one more time in 2009. The inside of the Prius has a great deal of freight area and is a fantastic small vehicle that is astonishingly fuel efficient. The Prius is the leading hybrid automobile in the U.S.A. and showcases Toyota’s dedication to the environment.
Your Trusted Shop for Toyota Repair
Eventually, all vehicles need to be brought in for repairs. Whatever your needs are, you can take your Toyota to Horizon Auto Center. Proudly serving residents of Rockwall and surrounding areas since 2001, our highly-skilled technicians go through extensive automotive repair training. At Horizon Auto Center in Rockwall, our number one goal is complete customer satisfaction, and we will make sure your vehicle is taken care of with top-notch service and also efficiently and cost-effectively. Here’s some reasons why you should choose us:
- Our ASE-Certified technicians can improve your tire performance and life, restore vehicle performance, and maintain good vehicle performance with preventative maintenance.
- We sell truck accessories, including lift kits, bed covers, front and rear replacement bumpers, side steps, and LED lights.
- We sell industry leading tire brands like Toyo, Continental, and Nexen.
If you are in or nearby Rockwall, feel free to give us a call at 469-698-8585 to schedule an appointment at Horizon Auto Center today!
For honest and efficient Toyota Repair in Rockwall, TX, turn to the capable team at Horizon Auto Center. “Life’s too short to drive boring cars.”