A Short History of Subaru
Subaru began as Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd., an aircraft production, sales and maintenance service. In 1954, the first Subaru car, the Subaru 1500, was released. The vehicle provided driving safety and security along with driver comfort. On March 3, 1958, the Subaru 360 was launched, and became a transforming point in Japanese history. Subaru wanted to create a vehicle that was small, budget friendly, and well-performing, and completed this goal. The Subaru 360 was among the most popular automobiles in Japan and continued to remain in production until 1970.
In 1961, Subaru released the Sambar, a minitruck that had a lot of cargo room and a low deck body. The Sambar was largely used in the industrial world, and was later offered to the public. Later on that year, the Sambar Light Van was created for the general public along with industrial usage. These cars put Subaru on the map as a maker of light passenger cars. In 1966, the “Subaru Building” was completed in Shinjuku and ended up being the Subaru headquarters. The Subaru 1000 was released in May 1966. The auto provided driving stability and also a comfortable interior, in addition to the most modern vehicle technology. In 1969, the Subaru R-2 was released as a replacement for the Subaru 360. The R-2 was the best auto as highways became popular in Japan, and boosted the significance of what a minivan can do. The Subaru Leone made its debut in 1971, which was praised nationwide and globally for its distinctive style. In 1972, The Subaru Rex was released as the successor to the Subaru R-2.
Today’s Subaru models consist of:
- Subaru BRZ: The Subaru BRZ is a car that was made together with Toyota. The auto is wonderful in addition to practical, and has exceptional handling. The BRZ was Top Gear magazine’s Car of the Year in 2012 and also the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s Top Safety Pick in 2012.
- Subaru Impreza: Subaru’s entry-level vehicle that is available in both sedan and hatchback choices. At the American MotorWeek Driver’s Choice Honors, the Impreza won Ideal Sport Sedan in 2002 and Best Performance Car in 2004. In 2010, the Impreza won the AMI Insurance performance car of the year award.
- Subaru Crosstrek: The Subaru Crosstrek is a compact crossover that was introduced in 2012. The Crosstrek can be considered an off-road variant of the Impreza. Although the Crosstrek is big, it drives like a regular-size automobile and is offered in normal along with plug-in hybrid variants.
- Subaru WRX: The WRX is Subaru’s most legendary automobile. It’s a reliable vehicle that is inexpensive and also quick. It is an effective car that includes a 268-horsepower turbocharged 2.0-liter fighter four-cylinder engine, quick-ratio steering, a sport-tuned suspension, switchable hold control system and energised torque vectoring.
- Subaru Forester: The Subaru Forester is a compact SUV that is among one of the most popular Subarus in the U.S.A. The SUV is liked by family members and more bold car drivers alike. The Forester was the victor of Wheels Gold star cars honor for best compact SUV in 2008, Motor Trend publication’s SUV of the Year Award in 2014, Best Small Utility in MotorWeek’s 2009 Driver’s Choice Awards, and more.
Your Trusted Shop for Subaru Repair
Ninety-seven percent of Subaru vehicles sold in the last ten years are still on the road today. That’s thanks to Subaru owners bringing their cars in for maintenance regularly. Bringing your Subaru in for maintenance not only saves you money in the long run, but also reduces your vehicle’s carbon footprint and keeps your vehicle in its best condition. Every vehicle has a maintenance schedule that can be found in the car’s manual, and some vehicles’ computer systems will warn you when it’s time to bring it in for maintenance.
When the time comes to bring your Subaru in for repairs, Rockwall residents can come to Horizon Auto Center. We specialize in Subaru repair and can take care of your car, bumper to bumper. A team of highly trained mechanics, we at Horizon Auto Center are up to date on the latest automotive technology and will deliver high-quality service, every time. We offer services in vehicle alignment, steering and suspension, transmission repair, and more. Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with us today! You can schedule an appointment online or give us a call at 469-698-8585.
For honest and efficient Subaru Repair in Rockwall, TX, turn to the capable team at Horizon Auto Center. “Life’s too short to drive boring cars.”