A Quick History of Lexus
In 1983, Toyota chairman Eiji Toyota issued a challenge to make the globe’s best vehicle. Toyota’s task, called F1, was completed in 1989 with the Lexus LS 400, which was praised for its quietness, engine performance, along with fuel economy. Lexus was released as Toyota’s high-end brand in 1986. The name originates from the name Alexis, which was a front-runner in potential names but was modified so it would not be gotten confused with the personality Alexis Carrington in the popular 1980s drama Empire. The very first Lexus slogan was “The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection”.
Throughout its very first year of sales in 1990, Lexus sold 63,594 vehicles in the United States. In 1991, Lexus was ranked highest in J.D. Power and Associates’ studies on initial vehicle quality, customer satisfaction and sales satisfaction for the first time. That same year, Lexus launched its first sports coupe, the SC 400, in addition to its ES 300 sedan, which ended up being the brand name’s bestseller. Lexus debuted its very first sport utility vehicle, the LX 450, in 1996 along with the RX 300, its first luxury-branded crossover SUV, in 1998. In 1999, Lexus likewise recorded its 1 millionth car sold in the USA market, being rated as the top-selling premium auto manufacturer in the USA. By 2000, Lexus had sold its 2 millionth car in the U.S.A. and presented the very first luxury-branded hybrid SUV. In 2005, Lexus completed a business splitting up from parent company Toyota, with dedicated layout, design, training, and also production centers functioning especially for the division.
Lexus vehicles are regularly liked due to their outstanding performance as well as also ergonomic style, smooth and also simple driving, security, fuel efficiency, innovation and more. Here is a list of a few of Lexus’ models:
- GS: The GS is Lexus’s sportier, much more costly midsize high-end vehicle.
- GX: The Lexus GX debuted in the 2010 model year. It’s a typical midsize SUV with body-on-frame building and construction, permanent four-wheel-drive in addition to third-row seats.
- RX: Lexus’ most popular model in the United States, the RX is a midsize crossover SUV.
- IS: At Lexus, IS means “intelligent sport.” The IS is Lexus’ compact, entry-level sport sedan.
- RC: The Lexus RC is a two-door cars that debuted in the 2015 model year.
- LX: Lexus’ full-size luxury SUV that debuted in 2008.
- ES: This is Lexus’ most popular non-SUV model in the United States and is understood for its stability and value.
- NX: The Lexus NX is a compact SUV that shares some DNA with Toyota’s prominent RAV4 crossover.
- UX: New for the 2019 version year, the UX, or “Urban Tourist,” is a subcompact deluxe crossover.
- LS: Lexus’ fullship deluxe vehicle that was the very first model that came from Lexus in 1989.
Your Trusted Auto Repair Shop
Known as the modern luxury car, Lexus has a large range of models that require extensive services. When the time comes to bring your Lexus in for repairs, Rockwall residents can come to Horizon Auto Center. We specialize in Lexus repair and can take care of your car, bumper to bumper. A team of highly trained mechanics, we at Horizon Auto Center are up to date on the latest automotive technology and will deliver high-quality service, every time. We offer services in vehicle alignment, steering and suspension, transmission repair, and more. Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with us today! You can schedule an appointment online or give us a call at 469-698-8585.
For honest and efficient Lexus Repair in Rockwall, TX, turn to the capable team at Horizon Auto Center. “Life’s too short to drive boring cars.”