A Short Background of Honda
Honda Motor Company was developed in 1948 by owners Soichiro Honda and Takeo Fujisawa. They released their first car, a motorbike, in 1949, the D-type motorcycle. One year later, Honda Motor Company Inc. was developed in Los Angeles, California, the very first abroad subsidiary of Honda Motor Company Ltd. By 1968, the one millionth Honda motorbike had been sold in the United States. Honda began generating cars in the 1960s; the first auto created was the T360 mini pick-up truck, which took place sale in August 1963, was followed by the S500 car, which was relased in October 1963. The Honda N600 was the very first Honda car sold in America, beginning in 1969.
Honda founder Soichiro Honda had continually been concerned of the future of our world, specifically regarding access to clear water. Regarding making extra fuel efficient vehicles, Honda said, “I do not care if every person else is making 2 strokes, Honda needs to make four strokes.” In 1973, Honda supplied the world’s first fuel-efficient four-stroke aquatic engines, which were cleaner, quieter, and a lot more affordable than two-stroke engines. The next year, driven by their “Blue skies for our children” campaign, Honda released the Honda Civic, which included a cutting-edge CVCC engine that made the Civic the first vehicle to please the demands of the United States Clean Air Act without making use of a catalytic converter. In 1976, the first Honda Accord was launched, which would come to be a very popular automobile in America.
Today’s Honda models consist of:
- Honda Civic: Honda’s compact auto is one of the world’s most successful cars. The Civic was International Vehicle of the Year in 2005 and North American Car of the Year in 2006.
- Honda Fit: The Honda Fit is an entry-level subcompact that displays a blocky design, large interior, as well as lay-flat rear seats. The Fit was Top Gear’s 2006 Best Small Car, U.S. News & World Report’s Best Economy Car of 2008, Best Overall Value by Consumer Reports in 2010, 2011, and 2012, and earned many other awards.
- Honda Accord: The Accord is Honda’s midsize family car. The Accord has continued to be in Car and Driver’s Top 10 listing for the last 31 of 35 years, and also has been recognized as the 2014 Green Car of the Year and the 2018 North American Car of the Year.
- Honda Insight: The Honda Insight is a compact hybrid car. The Insight resembles its sibling, the Civic, in wheelbase as well as handling, but bests it in fuel performance thanks to a two-motor drivetrain. The American Automobile Association awarded the Insight with the Top Commuter Car in 2010. In addition, the Insight was named the Greenest Vehicle of the Year by the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy in 2000, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
- Honda Clarity: The Honda Clarity is Honda’s ultimate alternative fuel car. It is readily available as a hybrid plug-in, completely electric, or hydrogen fuel cell. In 2009, the Clarity won World Green Car of the Year. BBC Top Gear has called the Clarity the “Most important car for 100 years” and has received the Good Design Award from the Japan Industrial Design Promotion Organization in 2008.
Your Trusted Shop for Honda Repair
As reliable as Honda vehicles are, all vehicles will eventually need to come in for servicing. When the time comes to bring your Honda in for repairs, Rockwall residents can come to Horizon Auto Center. We specialize in Honda repair and can take care of your car, bumper to bumper. A team of highly trained mechanics, we at Horizon Auto Center are up to date on the latest automotive technology and will deliver high-quality service, every time. We offer services in vehicle alignment, steering and suspension, transmission repair, and more. Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with us today! You can schedule an appointment online or give us a call at 469-698-8585.
For honest and efficient Honda Repair in Rockwall, TX, turn to the capable team at Horizon Auto Center. “Life’s too short to drive boring cars.”